· Design of optimized periodic excitation signals (multisine, binary, three-level)
· Identification of continuous-time or discrete-time systems with unknown fractional delay
· Model order selection
· Model validation, including simulation, calculation of residuals, and test of cost functions
· Calculation of confidence intervals of amplitude/phase and poles/zeros
· Model conversion to and from the Control System Toolbox and System Identification Toolbox objects
Frequency Domain System Identification Toolbox (FDIDENT) provides specialized
tools for identifying linear dynamic single-input/single-output (SISO) systems
from time responses or measurements of the system's frequency response.
Frequency domain methods support continuous-time modeling, which can be a
powerful and highly accurate complement to the more commonly used discrete-time
methods. The methods in the toolbox can be applied to problems such as the
modeling of electronic, mechanical, and acoustical systems.
The toolbox was developed and is maintained by Istv? Koll? (Budapest University of Technology and Econ.), in cooperation with Johan Schoukens and Rik Pintelon (Vrije Universiteit Brussel).
The current version of the Toolbox is Version 4.0p, June 05, 2014, tested for MATLAB 8.3 (2014a). Backward compatibility is maintained also with
MATLAB 7.x, 6.x, and 5.3: R11.
The MathWorks Third Party Products FDIDENT Page
Data Sheet of the Toolbox Referring to the Toolbox HTML document about the GUI Papers on the Toolbox
Novelties in Version 4.0 with respect to Version 3.2 wrt V3.0 wrt V2.0.3
Book on frequency domain system identification Book of problems in frequency domain system identification Excepts: short introduction to fdident
Frequently Asked Questions Usage and Examples
Requesting download by an fdident subscriber Requesting download of a free-of-charge two-weeks trial version
Subscribers will receive a new passcode from the distributor when they upgrade their Matlab. If you download a subscriber version,
and have received no new passcode yet, please contact the distributor at email@example.com.
These pages were last edited: June 26, 2014.