Assoc. Prof. Dr. András Pataricza
Technical University of Budapest
Department of Measurement and Instrument Engineering
Muegyetem rkp. 9. R. 113.
Tel: (+361) 463 3595
Fax: (+361) 463 4112
- Diploma in electrical engineering in 1977 from the Technical University of
- "Candidate of the technical science" (Ph.D.) from the
Hungarian Academy of Sciences in 1989.
- Since 1977 with the Department of Measurement and Instrument Engineering
of the Technical University of Budapest, since 1990 as associate professor.
Head of the Research Group for
In 1993-94 visiting professor at the University
- Scientific research projects
Hungarian project leader of the following international cooperations:
Project (co-)leader of the following academic research
Principal investigator in by
about twenty more academic and industrial research projects, mostly on
the field of fault-tolerant computing and digital systems testing.
"Intelligent algorithms for fault diagnostics in digital
systems" (1992-95, Hungarian National Scientific Research
- "Formal methods for high level functional fault
diagnostics" (1995-97, Hungarian National
Scientific Research Foundation ).
- "Use of Simulation Techniques in Fault-Tolerant and
Mission-Critical Traffic Control Systems " (1997, Foundation
for the Hungarian Higher Education and Research);
- " Formal Verification and Validation of Mission-Critical
Systems" (1997-99, Higher Education Research Fund);
- " HIDE;
- Education development projects
- TEMPUS-SJEP 3815/93 Introduction of Modern CAD Methods
Introducing Parallel Processing into the Curriculum of the Hungarian
Higher Education Institutions of Technology (EC TEMPUS SJEP 08333-94,
- Development and Integration of the Informatics Education in the
Member Institutions of the Budapest University Association (EC
TEMPUS-SJEP 11199-96, 360 kECU, 1996-99) aims at the development of
the modules in the System Informatics Education, in cooperation with
Pisa (Italy), U. of Padernborn (Germany), U. of Amsterdam
University of Economic Sciencesand the University of
- Development of the System Informatics Education in the Member
Institutions of the Budapest University Association (FEFA 1374,
1994-96, 64 MFt)
- Step 2000 (EC Leonardo da
Vinci, 1997-98}, organizing student mobilities.
- Seneca-DB (EC Leonardo da
- PC member at IEEE
FTCS-28, and IEEE
FTCS-27 IEEE Annual International Symposiums on Fault-Tolerant
- Program Co-Chair of EDCC-3, the Third European
Dependable Computing Conference to be held 1999 in Prague
- PC member at ISADS, International Symposium on Autonomous
Decentralized Systems, to be held 1999 in Tokyo
- PC member of the Design and Diagnostics of Electronic Systems
Workshop Series (DDECS '97
and DDECS'98 )
- PC member at EWDC-9,
the Ninth European
Workshop on Dependable Computing (1998)
- PC member and session chairman at the IEEE SRDS-14
Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems.
- PC member of the EDCC-2 Second European
Dependable Computing Conference and
- PC member at European Simulation Symposium 1995
- PC member at FTSD (Fault Tolerant Systems and
Diagnostics) conference series.
- Program chairman of the
conference µP'92, Symposium on Microcomputer and Microprocessor
- General chairman of the same conference in 1994.
- Regular referee of EUROMICRO and of the periodical "
Periodica Polytechnica" and by the IEEE FTCS, Annual International
Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing series. , occasional referee by
the IEEE Transactions on Computers, by a GI/ITG/GMA Conference
"Fault Tolerant Computing Systems "